As many a rider over 6 feet tall can tell you, finding comfortable electric bikes for tall people is not always an easy task.
Fortunately, the fact that you have to duck the occasional door frame doesn’t necessarily mean that electric biking is not for you.
Several e-bike companies such as Haibike, Motan, and Rad Power Bikes now make electric bikes for people over 6 feet tall.
If you’re tired of feeling like a teenager on a tricycle every time you attempt to go for a ride, then rest assured that you’ve come to the right place to find the perfect ride.
Here we’ll check out some of the best electric bikes that come with just the right seat height, even if you tend to hover a few inches taller than the average crowd.
HaiBike 2020 SDURO TREKKING 4.0
HaiBike has earned a reputation as one of the top brands among tall e-bike riders everywhere, due to their customizable frame size options.
A visit to their handy sizing chart can help you select the right bike height for you, with options that can accommodate riders up to 6’6”.
One of Haibike’s most popular models is the SDURO Trekking 4.0, which is outfitted with a sturdy Aluminum 6061 frame, 10 speed Shimano shifting, and Shimano BR-MT200 brakes.If you’re anywhere from 6’2 “+, you’ll probably want to select the XL, 60 cm frame, which was designed with tall people in mind.
Aside from the bike height perks, the SDUR Trekking 4.0 also comes with a super smooth Yamaha Lithium-ion 500Wh battery and Yamaha PW-ST System, 250W, 70Nm motor, which are capable a max speed of 20 mph.
It comes outfitted with Schwalbe Super Moto-X 27.5 x 2.4 tires that are great for committing and trails alike.
With a sleek look and dependable build, the SDURO Trekking 4.0 is an excellent choice for a reliable commuter bike with off-road capabilities.
- Recommended for riders up to 6’6”
- From one of the USA’s top e-bike brands
- Comes with integrated lights, fenders, rear cargo rack, removable LCD display
- Compact, quiet motor
- 10 gear speed options
- Hydraulic disc brakes
- 4 amps battery charger is a little larger and heavier than standard 2 amps
Rad Power Bikes- Radmission1 High Step
If you’re looking for a great bike with the right height and price, then check out the selections over at Rad Power Bikes. One of their upcoming offerings is the Radmission1 High Step, which is set to debut in October.
If you place your pre-order now, you can score one of these bad boys for just $999, which is an incredible deal for any e-bike.The best news for the tall, however, is that the Radmission High Step is sized for riders who stand as tall as 6’5”.
While it may not be as fancy as some of its pricier competitors, the Radmission comes with a 500W high-torque motor and 48V 10.5 Ah 504 Wh battery pack. With a max speed of 20mph, it’s capable of making a 20-45 mile trip in a single charge,
With a low-maintenance, single-speed drivetrain and lightweight frame (under 50 pounds), this is a great bike for beginners or those just looking for a great ride to zip around town.
- Incredibly priced, winner of the best affordably priced e-bikes of 2020 from electricbikereview.com
- Recommended for riders up to 6’5”
- Removable, lightweight battery pack
- Lightweight at under 50 pounds
- Integrated brake light and LED control panel
- A quiet, powerful rear hub motor
- Racks, fenders, and kickstand are sold separately as add-on options
- No hydraulic disc brakes
Pedego City Commuter
Price: $2,995 – $3,295
If you’re looking for a great cruiser-style electric bike, then check out the City Commuter from Pedego. Available with 28” tires, it’s adjustable handlebars, and the seat can comfortably accommodate rides up to 6’3”- 6 “4.
It’s loaded with a 48V, 500W rear hub motor with 45nm worth of torque, and a premium lithium-ion battery with Bluetooth connectivity.With a twist and go throttle, and 5 different levels of peddle assist, you’ll enjoy a smooth, silent ride with a max speed of 20mph.
If you’re not really the mountain bike type, then you’ll appreciate the City Commuter’s wide seat and cruiser style handlebars, both of which make for an exceptionally comfy ride. It’s also got a nice little cargo rack in the back that’s perfect for hauling anything from groceries to school books.
- Comfortable for rider’s up to 6’3″ – 6’4″
- Powerful 48 Volt battery that uses the same advanced lithium-ion cells as an electric car.
- Quick-release handlebar and saddle, rear rack, fenders
- Kevlar-belted balloon tires make for a smooth, puncture-resistant ride
- Twist-and-go throttle with 5 levels of pedal assist
- LCD display complete with USB charger for your phone
- Designed mostly for city use so not the best choice if you’re a trail shredder
- Rear-mounted battery pack makes for easy access but may feel a bit heavy at first
Tern Vektron S10 Gen 2 Folding Electric Bike
Thanks to the folks at Tern, electric bikes for tall people no longer mean having to carve out more storage space.
Folding bikes have come a long way over the years, and the Vektron S10 is proof that some are now just as savvy as their non-folding competitors.
But is a folding electric bike really a legit choice for tall people? In this case, rest assured that it is indeed, as the S10 can be easily readjusted to fit riders from 4’10” to 6’ 5”.Not only will you enjoy the perfect bike height for you, but you can also share your share it with other members of your family.
With a max speed of 20 mph, you’ll be able to wave at all your jealous co-commuters as you fly past crawling traffic. Best of all, when you fold up the S10, Transformer-style, you can easily roll it onto buses, subways, or under your desk at work.
The Vektron S10 features a Bosch Active Line Plus, 36V/250W mid-drive motor with 50 Nm of torque. Powered by a 400Wh battery with a 31-62 mph range, it’s an excellent choice for the city cyclist or urban commuter.
- Folds up for easy transport onto subways, buses, and taxis.
- Adjusts to it riders from 4’10” – 6’5”
- Secure rear Atlas rack with 59 pd load capacity, including add-on child seats
- Hydraulic Disc Brakes and fat tires for extra traction
- Seat height is far more adjustable than handlebar height
- Due to its premium components, it’s on the pricier end of the folding bike spectrum
Civibikes- Cheetah Cafe Racer Flat Tire
First, can we just take a moment to acknowledge how insanely cool looking this e-bike is?
Based on the look of a vintage motorcycle, the battery is even designed to look like a gas tank.
That said, it’s important to note that the Cheetah packs so much power that in some states, it may actually exceed the legal definition of an e-bike, so it’s important to check your local laws before you hit the streets!Designed for riders up to 6’3” and 330 pounds, the Cheetah comes with a rear-hub mounted 750W battery, available in 13AH and 17.5AH options. It can take you up to 28 mph with an estimated 20-50 mile range per charge.
The Chaoyang, 26” x 4.0” wheels will make sure you have all the traction you need, whether you’re on the street or off-roading on light trails.
With both throttle-control and Cadence Sensing pedal assist options, this bike will get you where you’re going and make sure you look good on the way.
- Fits riders up to 6’3” and 330 pounds
- Among the coolest looking electric bikes ever (you can even buy accessory saddlebags for it)
- Powered by a 750W Bafang high-speed gear motor with a max speed of 28mph
- Outfitted with front and rear Tektro hydraulic disc brakes
- 5 levels of pedal assist
- Full-color LCD screen display monitors pedal assist level, speed, odometer, drive mode, and more
- Weighs 70 pounds with the battery, so it’s not the easiest to wheel upstairs
- May be classified as a moped or motorcycle in some states due to its capabilities, so be sure to check your local laws
Motan M560 P7 Fat Tire
Price: $2,899 (Currently on sale for $1,899 at electric bike city)
Looking for a great sports e-bike? Look no further than the Motan M560 P7. Designed for riders from 5’6”- 6’6” with a 350-pound maximum load, it’s a great choice for riders who are big, tall, or somewhere in between.
The Motan M560 runs on a powerful hub-mounted 750W motor with a 48v, 11.6 lithium-ion battery, and is equipped with both throttle and pedal assist capabilities.With a Shimano 7-speed drivetrain and curved frame for added strength, the Motan M560 handles like the mountain bike of your dreams.
Capable of a 40-60 mile range on a single charge and equipped with 26” X 4.0” 30 TPI Fat Tires, the Motan M560 P7 is ready to tackle anything from trails to your daily commute.
You’ll also enjoy a cool 5 inch LCD display screen that will keep you up to date on your battery status, speed, miles, and mode, all with a single glance.
If you’re looking for a great bike that’s built to last, then this is a reliable, versatile choice for both urban and rustic terrain.
- 40-60 mile per charge range
- Fits riders from 5’6”- 6’6”
- Shimano 7-speed drivetrain and 5 levels of pedal assist
- Arc integrated, super-strong frame
- LCD Display screen
- Some assembly required, so you may need to enlist the help of a bike shop
- Fat tires are heavy enough to handle terrain but may make it harder to get going.
Sixthreezero EVRYjourney 500W
If you’re looking for a bike that combines power and comfort, then the EVRYjourney 500W from Sixthreezero may just be the bike for you.
Designed for both average height and tall people in mind, it’s a great fit for riders from 5”- 6’4”.
The Evryjourney’s biggest strength is that it’s designed with maximum comfort in mind, and when they say “comfort,” they’re not kidding.This bike incorporates a unique ergonomic frame designed for maximum comfort, an extra-wide saddle that “cradles you like a cloud made of pillows,” and grips so soft that the manufacturers dub them “hand clouds.”
Perfect for those who experience knee or joint pain, the EVRYjourney makes for a more natural riding experience that doesn’t require you to hunch over your handlebars.
With a 250-pound max weight load, 7 gear speeds, throttle, and pedal-assist capabilities, this neat little cruiser is surprisingly outfitted for action.
It runs on a 500Wh rear hub motor and 48V 10.4Ah Lithium-Ion Battery that can take you up to 20mph on full electric or 28mph with pedal assist.
As far as range, you can get 20 – 40 miles on pedal-assist mode or 20 miles on full throttle alone from a single charge
- Fits riders from 5”- 6 “4 and up to 250 pounds
- Great price for the value
- Designed with comfort in mind
- Soft, retro handlebars and wide saddle
- Lots of accessory options, including child seats
- 20mph max speed with full electric or 28mph with pedal assist
- Weighs 62 pounds which can be tricky or bike rack transport
If you enjoyed this article, please share it with your friends, and as always, feel free to reach out with any questions or comments!
In the meantime, check out the answers to more of your e-bike questions, such as: What’s the difference between an electric bike and a moped? or How far can an electric bike go on a single charge?